View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 09:44 AM   #24
Cal Coon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
No worries from me that an an adult decides to take extra risk for himself. But please do not put words into PFD fans mouths. My pro PFD post, and I assume those of others, was meant to assist those interested and persuade those on the fence (or those with kids).

I think it's dumb to paddle without a PFD, and even dumber to ride without a helmet, but that does not mean I want to mold you. BE FREE!
I did not get the "impression" that Liforrelaxin was trying to "put words into other people's mouths" at all. He clearly asks that his opinion be respected, not criticized. The only one trying to "persuade" anyone to do anything was you!! Right or wrong. You can't have it both ways!! You can't tell other's not to put words into other people's mouths, while you are doing exactly that. Amazing to me how we can read the same post, and come away with completely different interpretations of what we read. I think that is a "BIG" problem with social media, IMHO. I also think this country needs (a lot) MORE good old fashioned American rugged individualism, not less. It's what built this country. It has been declining for much too long now, and look at what we're turning out...

Last edited by Cal Coon; 08-03-2019 at 11:55 AM.