View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 03:52 PM   #39
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by RailroadJoe View Post
Only 80% speed. That's a laugh. Try 99%. I drive route 11 through New Durham and Alton to Gilford. I DO the speed limit and slow down to 40 at the places where it does drop to 40. No one ever brakes behind me, they just creap up and tail gate. By the time I get though the 40 MPH area there are always 4 to 10 cars behind me. Especially on Route 11 between the circle in Alton and the New Durhan/Farmington line.
I am one of the 1% and it really frustrates drivers that come barreling up behind. I pull over many many times to let them fly away hoping there is a police car up ahead.
I'm one who goes no more then 5 over, but when those same drivers creep up and tailgate I slow down to exactly the speed limit.
I've been at the 25 limit going through a school zone and had drivers who had to be doing at least 35 when the light is flashing indicating the speed limit is 25 and ride my ass. It really pisses them off when I slow down to 20.