View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 10:19 PM   #95
lawn psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
The state has a set limit for noise and it is their job to police it. If someone is running too loud they should be ticketed and made to comply. If MP is not keeping up on it, or ignoring it, there lies the problem.

When I got my Sonic last year and went for my first ride I was one of those offenders. I immediately pulled it out and took it in for mufflers so that I complied. I was not stopped on my first ride, nor after modifying it to comply.

The morons are out in full force. My wife has a nasty habit of "saluting" other boaters that are within 50' of us on plane. Her hand was rather tired a week ago after going in and out of Paugus bay...One idiot in a Chris Craft blew by at 50', smiling and waving. Boy did he get a surprise when she "waved" back. He had no idea what he had done wrong!

I will say, as much as I hate to point out one type of boater, or brand of boat, but I am seeing an abundance of Formula owners that are obnoxious this year. Not the performance boats either, mainly sports and cruisers.
My advice is to have the wife be a little smarter before giving the single finger salute. You may end up with more problems than a boat coming closer than 150 ft. Just not worth it.

As for the 150 ft rule, NH is the only state with such a rule. IMO, it leads to more confusion and unrealistic expectations than what it tries to solve.