View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 07:43 AM   #17
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

If there are infractions out on the water, call the Marine Patrol and let them deal with it.... That is where I would start. Sure talk to your neighbor, and let him know what was happening and what you did in response. But if there is stupidity out on the water, that is in clear violation of the laws, that is what the Marine Patrol is there for. Once renters know they aren't going to get away with things, they generally calm down....

Using an agency is really the best way to rent, I have done it before.... If there is a problem the rental agency gets a call and has to go deal with it. Our agent had to ask people to leave, and had no problem doing so, as she had a contract with them, and was able to show them what clause the violated. Only once did we have to refund money.... and that was because, it wasn't a problem that was intentionally created by the renters. But rather a situation that arose out of circumstances, and it was easier to refund there money, and they agreed....