Thread: The Dive?
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 03:15 PM   #595
Taz

Default Dive moving around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz View Post
Say the Dive was going to Braun Bay. How long would it take to go from WAM to Braun? It seems like it would be awful slow and maybe not feasible to go that far. There are not many areas it could go to be profitable. I think 3, Braun, Smalls, Margate sand bars and Braun, Margate maybe not feasible to go to, take too long to get there and back, also not sure how it would handle a rough water day were it to travel. Smalls maybe its only feasible option.
My original suspicions have now been confirmed. A Facebook post from the Dive Facebook page posted on I Boat on Lake Winnipesaukee (IBOLW) confirmed that Dive owners have told WAM members that the Dive is so underpowered it will take 3 hrs to get to any other sandbar and it was not suppose to be kept at WAM. Not sure where else it would be kept. Because of this it will not be moving from Smalls anytime soon.

I also agree with Phantom. I do not see the Dive surviving. Unless they can do enough charters, private functions to supplement the sandbar days and that is if they can repower it as it can not get out of its own way now. Season is too short. I don't think there will be enough customers to brave the cold water to walk to the Dive early and late season. That leaves July and August and maybe a weekend or 2 in September but even then many people stop coming to the lake after Labor Day.

There has also been a lot of banter on IBOLW regarding the marine patrol ticketing many patrons because of there being more boats at Smalls so boats are anchored too close to shore in a NRZ, too many boats tied together etc. Home owners have been calling marine patrol to complain and marine patrol has responded with much more ticketing at Smalls than ever before.

I did give it a try myself. The server Naomi was very good, the staff very attentive. However, the drinks were average in quality, size and above average in price. The food no better than any other establishment at any of the town docks. I agree with others its a "novelty" and I would not go back when I have my own boat, can serve my own cold beer and cocktails on my own boat, serve my own BBQ food on my own boat for much less money and go somewhere much quieter to do it.

I wish them well and hope I am wrong but at this time they have a lot issues to resolve to make it work.