View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 08:11 AM   #29
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev&DiZ View Post
No money goes to the town and it does not matter what agency writes the ticket. The only money that would go to a town would be if someone was given a ticket for a city/town ordinance violation. Otherwise, speeding tickets and other state law violations go to the state. Once received by the state, most of the fine goes toward the general fund, with other portions of the fine going to other funds of the state budget.
I'll take your word for it because to be honest with you I don't really know.
Maybe an ataboy and a pat on the back is good enough for town cops.

However... Why would a town policeman spend many hours patrolling a state highway and not get any monetary benefits out of it?? It must cost the town for gas, wear and tear on the car, salaries and benefits, etc. to have a town policeman stop so many vehicles in one week. I see the Alton police van on Rt 28 nine times out of ten when I travel that road.

I'm all for safety on our highways but to sit at the bottom of a hill and wait for someone that is speeding to go by seems like a redundant useless thing to do week after week. There must be another solution to slow the bad guys down.

As I said before, 80% of the vehicles that travel on Rt 28 from wolfeboro to Alton are going over the speed limit.