View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #19
garysanfran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R View Post
Loud music at 1 AM is against the law. It's not necessarily against the law 3 PM, it's just rude.

644:2 Disorderly Conduct. – A person is guilty of disorderly conduct if:

III. He purposely causes a breach of the peace, public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm, or recklessly creates a risk thereof, by:
(a) Making loud or unreasonable noises in a public place, or making loud or unreasonable noises in a private place which can be heard in a public place or other private places, which noises would disturb a person of average sensibilities; or
III-a. When noise under subparagraph III(a) is emanating from a vehicle's sound system or any portable sound system located within a vehicle, a law enforcement officer shall be considered a person of average sensibilities for purposes of determining whether the volume of such noise constitutes a breach of the peace, public inconvenience, annoyance, or alarm, and the officer may take enforcement action to abate such noise upon detecting the noise, or upon receiving a complaint from another person.
Like I asked "Who are you going to call at 1:00am? The police? Nope. They're not going out there. Marine Patrol? Not operating at that time. I know it's against the law, but tell me what you would do?