View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 12:14 AM   #4
CanisLupusArctos

Default Leo has the Spring Mascot job

Well, how can the talent scouts resist a face like that? The suits are willing to give Leo 7 catnip hits per week with potential for advancement to 12 hits after some experience. They're cautious, however, because they don't want to see him shave himself and check into rehab.

I'm looking forward to seeing how you work Leo into the thread! In the meantime it looks like Yuki may not be done for the season! He may have some measuring to do later Friday or Saturday, as the weather pattern changes back to a more winter-like scenario (jet stream dip in the east.) This one would have a fair amount of rain in addition to any snow... and we all know what cats think of water.

How did the cats (or anyone else's cats) fare in the incredibly low humidity (prime static electricity conditions) we had this past week? My cat used to hate it when I zapped him... he would RUN whenever he saw me scuffing across the floor! But if conditions were super-dry, his standing-up fur would make him look rather alien and sometimes he'd zap himself.

UPDATE at 7:30 p.m. Black Cat Island hit 50 degrees today, its warmest temperature since the record of 60 degrees on January 6. For those living near rivers in the area, monitor weather forecasts for warnings relating to ice jams. It is becoming an issue in southern Vermont where a flood watch is now in effect, and could become an issue here if the snow melts too fast or if rain falls too hard over the next few days. Don't get too accustomed to this springlike weather - winter will not be going down with out some battles and the first is likely to happen this weekend. A return to colder temps would be good news for the rivers, slowing the melting process and thus decreasing the chance of ice jams.

Last edited by CanisLupusArctos; 03-13-2007 at 06:33 PM.
CanisLupusArctos is offline   Reply With Quote