View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 08:59 AM   #31
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGI3 View Post
Hey Baygo, if you have any tee shirts left, maybe next week you can sponser a wet tee shirt contest / fundraiser. Or heck, set up a tent and have free taa-taa screenings, or rent out the funspot and sponser a "bowling for boobies" fund raiser. All kidding aside, It's just such a great cause and I feel that you might offend some (like myself) and perhaps some may be a bit hesitant to attend, or donate to such a great cause. I heard no mention of this in any of the local papers, and the "Taa-Taa" thing may be why. Just my humble opinion. And as for the Boys & Girls club backing out? My 12 year old daughter asks me if it's ok to volunteer as a hole spotter for "tee off for taa-taas, I guess you know what the answer would be.
My mission was to have a positive impact on breast cancer awareness in the Lakes Region, during breast cancer awareness month. Re-check the local papers and you will find that they did report and encourage "Tee Off For Ta-Tas". I see the number of times this thread has been read and the number of opinions posted. I watched people enjoy pancakes, and others play golf for a cause. I believe the mission was accomplished.

My wife an I have a history of organizing fund raisers, often to come to the realization that we and the cause would have both come out ahead if we had just cut a check instead. Tee Off for Ta-Tas was an exception. We are glad to announce that the event raised more than it cost us.

According to a few, we were clumsy in our selection of the event title. if the effort we've put forward and the money we have help raise, helps find the cure, taking one for the team is a small price to pay. I'll also sleep better at night knowing that if today's 12 year old girls have a future which includes the somber diagnosis, our efforts along side those of millions of others were the reasons that a cure was found and the somber diagnosis became no more concerning than the diagnosis of a common cold.

It's been nearly 50 years but I believe it was my mother who first encouraged me to use the words Ta-Tas. She preferred them over some of the words I was picking up from my father and his friends. How do I tell her that she raised me to offend?

We plan to host an annual fund raiser for this cause. I certainly would prefer to avoid the controversy so please make some suggestions for a more appropriate name. Please try to come up with something that is catchy and likely to bring levity. I'd hate to disappoint the majority who received the title with a chuckle and constructive concern.

PS. I do have a few tee-shirts left. I was approached by a group of breast cancer survivors who were all over forty a wanted to participate in a wet tee-shirt contest during the event. I decided that it was inappropriate because one of the divisions of golfers was made up of junior golfers. Women who have survived BC seem to have a totally different outlook on this topic and life in general.
baygo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to baygo For This Useful Post: