Thread: Fishing Survey
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 08:11 AM   #46
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhamma View Post
Best thing to do is to leave the fish alone.What it amounts to is harming other beings for your own pleasure. I know, I know. Catch and release isn't really hurting them, right?
But what if you trolled down the street in your pickup dragging a hunk of meat on a giant hook and caught dogs and cats, dragged them out of their yards into your truck then let them go. Would you consider that not harming another being?

Everything has a right to live a happy and healthy life, free from pain and suffering, not just the humans. And its very bad Karma to hurt others for your own fun, excitement and entertainment, don't you think?
Or do other being share this planet just for the human species to wound, kill, slaughter, and cause pain and suffering to?

Dont get me wrong, I was an Avid! Avid! Avid! fly fisherman and hunter for many years. But I was also doing just about everything without thinking about it, just doing it because everyone else was "just doing it."

We are not here to harm others and doing so will lead to a bad next life. Maybe even to live as a fish or deer our self the next time around. Or even worst.
Please think before you hurt and cause pain and suffering for your own entertainment.
Wrong. "Best thing to do" is to mind your own business and stop trying to convert others to your way of thinking. Everything DIES...some by the rule of survival of the fittest, some by violent, natural means, some by purely, natural means, some by predator/prey.
If you "were" a hunter/fisherman, you know that what we kill and eat was dispatched in the most humane way possible...that's if you were a responsible sportsman. If you weren't a responsible, ethical sportsman, good luck in your "next life" as I have nothing to worry about.
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hillcountry For This Useful Post: