Thread: 2012 Fuel Costs
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 09:13 PM   #30
ishoot308

Thanked 4,937 Times in 1,913 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRegrets View Post
So there are many pricing pressures and equations setting the price of gas. The closing of refineries by epa forced costly upgrades, commodities gaming, media hype, etc. The commodities modernization act of 2000 allowed speculation buying on energy by anyone for the first time since 1907 (my opinion the worst crime done to us by our elected officials in the past 40 years).

I wonder what the flooding of dollars (QE1 and QE2) has done to devalue our currency. Gold, Copper, and most commodities have gone to record levels so shouldn't oil have done the same? Since we printed hundreds of billions of dollars should anyone that owns commodities take less valuable dollars in trade?

I think the high gas price was a calculated trade off by our current elected administration. Print out dollars, spread the money to states, unions, bailouts, cash for clunkers, jobs and the stimulus plan and brace for the payback.

We will be on the boat as much as ever but not happy about the extra cost because I believe the current inflation (or devaluation of the dollar) was a very stupid move by Mr. Obama's cabinet leaders and czars (treasury and energy).
Very well said!! You hit the nail on the head!!... and hang on because QE3 is right around the corner!