View Single Post
Old 07-02-2022, 08:18 PM   #50
John Mercier

I sell them, so I know they are Black & Decker.
The battery tools sold by us are US made... they carry the label.
Parts of the tools are manufactured around the world... which isn't unusual for modern American manufacturing.

The hand tools, and certain battery accessories are made in China or Mexico depending on what they are.
And generally labelled as such.

The European versions are not sold in the US, as per they must be labelled as 18v and not the 20v we have here do to specifications of design.

It is like watching a customer pick up a box of stainless steel nails. The label states China - because the label is made in China; the box states Mexico - because the box is made in Mexico; and the actual nails are made in Canada.

As long as something has the required percentage of made in the US, they can be labelled as such... else we tend to see ''Assembled in the US''.

Contractors tend to investigate where a tool is made... and like that the platform being used is more flexible for their usage. They talk with the representatives about new improvements coming down the line, and why those changes are being made.

EGO doesn't work for the pros because it doesn't have a basic drill/driver, circular saw, or sawzall... in fact, it doesn't have any of those tools.

For my Ryobi, I have to use two different battery systems because the 18v is not interchangeable with the 40v.
For the Milwaukee, the mower is like $1000...
For the Makita, they use a multiple 18v package... which many have noticed, but now the announcement of the new 40v is beginning to create questions.

So the DeWalt FLEX currently has the advantage.
The platform is more flexible and you don't have to call an overseas answering center to get permission to have the dealer ship them to the service center.

I don't hate my Ryobi... but I chose that platform a very long time ago when the batteries were NiCad. First to market with a two stage snowthrower is just a bonus for us. But in all honesty, something like the FLEX instead of the 18v/40v dual platform would be my choice if making that decision today - provided that DeWalt announces a new snowthrower.
John Mercier is offline   Reply With Quote