View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 08:51 AM   #14
wobbelbill

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
For the roof rake do-it-yourselfer: To add some real performance to your roof rake, add a 1" and a 1 1/2" rubber crutch tip, one on top of the other, taped on with waterproof Gorilla tape to end of the roof rake handle. It makes a big, easy to grip, handle similar to what hockey players do to their hockey stick, and really steps up the performance for your roof rake...... like, seriously!

Crutch tips are sold individually at hardware stores for about 85-cents.

No need to actually get up on the roof, roof raking is meant to be done while safely standing on the ground, and being aware of any overhead power lines.

Too much house: If you can't roof rake the snow while safely standing on the ground, you need either a longer rake, or a lower roof!

Doesn't President Trump use a roof rake 75' long for doing the White House roof?

I took a length of the foam pipe insulation that's split lengthwise, taped it to a section of roof rake handle- that I keep moving to be the lowest piece of handle when I have to add to length, taped it on and it keeps the hands a bit warmer because they're not directly on the metal handle and gives you something to hold on to as it's not as slippery as the metal handle
wobbelbill is offline   Reply With Quote