View Single Post
Old 08-18-2022, 10:09 PM   #9
mowtorman

Default Night life

Was huge 70s into 80s before DWI laws changed.

Depot was about where the Volvo dealership ship is by Harts. Rocking bands standing room only lots of good times.

Coming from Moultonboro you had Bud's Pub and Beer Garden, Hearthstone, Country Fare, Depot, Brickyard Tavern, Irwin's Pier, Christmas Island, Margate, Naswa.

Them Fargo Brothers were big at Christmas Island used to be packed. Saw the Drifters at Margate in front of 10; people one of the best shows I've seen.

Anthony has done a great job at Weirs bringing back live music. So many venues all summer now.

Going back further you had the Shangri La, the Wakitatina, Carl's and others. Most of the icons are gone and people drink and stay entertained at home for the most part. It is interesting when you go to Meadowbrook and see how many intoxicated people are at some of the shows.

My only sobriety field test in my life came under the bypass bridge in Gilford at 11 30 when Meadowbrook got out. I was coming from McDonald's and was pulled over for my top brake light out by Gilford police. Get out of the car. Full field test with strobe lights, flashlights and tiny pens. Nothing in my system.
I think those tests are hard to pass stone cold sober middle of the day. He told me to be careful driving home a mile away and off I went. Very intimidating.
mowtorman is offline   Reply With Quote