View Single Post
Old 10-26-2020, 12:39 PM   #4
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

Welcome to the forum!

1. I think where to tube depends on age/aggressiveness. If you want aggressive, the main section of MB is great. For a bit less so, head towards Camp Tecumseh or the section just outside of Langdon Cove. For calmer stuff, you might try by Little Ganzey Island or, for even calmer, just outside Hanson Cove. The latter two are especially good later in the day. Do abide by the above posters' requests to avoid tubing through/near channels/narrows. Also, please don't be "that guy" and burn through Smith Cove with a tube as I don't want to be tossed from my slumber on Jettie One.

2. Fifteen minutes to the open lake. 30-40 to Wolfeboro, 30 to West Alton Sandbar, 45 to Weirs. All rough estimates with some (short) time to slow here and there for close traffic, sightseeing, or grabbing a refill (of orange soda, of course).

3. Yes. You should check out Blanchard Island and the Jumping Rock, sunset over Red Hill (from Little Ganzey), Greene's Basin and Lee's Mills, and Buzzel Cove (just south of where you'll be). All of those spots will/should provide solid loon sightings and great places to anchor out. Avoid Hanson Cove, though–those people are jerks and there's nothing to see down there. At all. Ever.

4. From Clark's, you could be to 19-Mile Bay in less than half an hour for ice cream, pizza, chicken. You could be to three sandbars in less than 30 minutes, the best one in half an hour, the closest in ten minutes; Pop's or Dockside seafood in Alton; etc. etc. It's a GREAT location to stay at.

There are hazards in the area, for sure, but a good nav system, backup chart, and diligence will keep you from harm.

Feel free to PM me for more specifics in that area.
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post: