View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 06:00 PM   #18
WinnisquamZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
About four years ago I put a Mitsubishi split system in a one bedroom condo in the Weirs Beach area that I built to rent, and eventually sell. It has high ceilings and a loft over the bedroom. I was concerned that the Mitsubishi unit would not be sufficient if there was a stretch of below 0 weather so I also put baseboard electric in the living room, bathroom, and bedroom, each with their own thermostat.

After the first winter I questioned the tenant about how often he used the baseboard heaters and he said "never, I don't even know if they work". I asked about his electric bill and he said the highest monthly bill was in the $90's even during the winter. That is heat, electric hot water, electric washer/dryer and light. It doesn't get much better. It is on the market now and the new owner will be shocked when he sees how low the electric bill is.
Agree. Have a four head heat/ac unit. No time during the winter did it not push heat. A plus is the air is not as dry as the baseboard heat. Also, the electric co came out this past spring to replace my meter thinking it was faulty due to the reduced bills

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
WinnisquamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WinnisquamZ For This Useful Post: