View Single Post
Old 08-19-2020, 02:56 PM   #143
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH.Solar View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7RsiEJtTQw
Park it under a bi-facial solar canopy and you'll have the best of both worlds!

BX Kubota is an excellent yard tractor but as a former B owner there are two reason's you may not like one; very limited ground clearance and you need to run the rpm up fairly high to get full hydraulic pressure.
Yes, I posted about the Nautique in the "Electric Jet Ski thread". That is a very cool boat. But it still would not be a boat to commute with to the islands. Need something like a "Deep V" 25ft. And someone even suggested a sleeper in case when you arrive it's bad conditions.

But that Nautique might be doable on NewFound as pleasure / ski boat. I bet it's over $150K though. I do have electricity on the beach front. Which is surprising given that it's a public road.

You bring up another good point on B vs BX, that was another nice thing about the B you didn't need high RPM for working the front end loader. BX80 might be better than the BX25 I had. But you are correct. The PTO is also limited on Hydro transmission. Hydro sucks some HP away. The manual B I had was nearly perfect. It was bigger (more stable), better traction, wider stance, pulled harder, more HP at PTO and it was cheaper. It was just a pain when shifting FWD and Reverse. But that was a small penalty.

I can think of 3 projects for tractor already. 99% sure I'll get another B. I need to be patient (not one of my strong suits) and wait until I scope out the place more. I could get a lot of outside work done before winter comes.

I never had ground clearance issues with BX. But the bigger B is less PSI on your turf because of bigger tires.

Last edited by mswlogo; 08-19-2020 at 04:22 PM.
mswlogo is offline   Reply With Quote