View Single Post
Old 10-15-2019, 04:49 AM   #15
trfour

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Ok, weird question, but I can't find an answer anywhere on the Google: a couple years ago, I decided I had a parasitic draw on my lawn tractor when every time I would try to start it, the battery would be dead. Since then, I've used a wingnut and bolt to connect the positive and disconnect the battery each time I'm done using the tractor.

The weird part/question: the last two times I've gone back to use the tractor, the bolt and wingnut have been thickly coated in a pale gray sauce/foam/ick.

I cleaned and wire brushed them off last time, but today--after about two weeks--they were coated again.

Thoughts?!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu,

I've been a Heavy Truck and Equipment mechanic most of my life, huge fleets, Construction and Sand & Gravel Companies, and such. I always use Never-Seize, and or Anti- Seize on batteries and some electrical connections after cleaning corrosion off. It conducts electricity so do the posts and cable connectors and hardware. Doing this will lube the nuts and bolts and save the batteries and future headaches as well. Any good auto parts stores will carry it in stock. And will keep any hardware from turning colors on you
Terry

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote