View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 10:47 PM   #55
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Strong word "discriminating"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DREAMS View Post
ertainly, the Canoe's policy for discriminating with kids or speicalizing in adults who prefer not to be with kids will diminsh their family entertainment
I have only been "touching base" on this thread on occasion and then end up going back to previous entries. I keep seeing references to discrimination in Canoe's policy. I think if you go back to thread 32 (I think), Canoe states that he/she has 200 seats and reserves 50 for adults who prefer to dine without children around. That is only 25% of seating, and 75% is for families. Pretty generous, actually.
Not a criticism on you, Dreamer, but perhaps a little disagreement on the use of the word "discrimination" or any of its forms.

Your children may be well behaved, but there are certainly many others that are not, and while we enjoy going out with any or all of our 8 grandchildren ranging in age from 2 to 18, they do behave or they hear about it from their parents and then they do behave.

In discussing this with my wife, we remembered staying at the Sagamore at Lake George a few years ago, and there was a sitting area where you can get cocktails in the evening. The sign at the entrance stated "well behaved children allowed." The main dining room had a sign stating "no children under age 12 allowed". Now there is some real limitations (which they did enforce by the way).

Hope you can still enjoy going out to dinner with all generations.