Thread: The Dive!
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 12:25 PM   #127
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
At least Weirs is more commercial than West Alton so the neighbors must be used the noise and the food smells. It's probably only the blocking of their view that bothers them although I don't know that. I do know we have friends who live in the West Alton area that are very happy it's not there anymore. They got sick of the smells and the noise at night-apparently especially the not very talented karaoke singers. . But seriously, they were ready to sell.
Doing the types of things the dive will need to do to survive, Karoke, having late night loud music, and crowds... are going to be a problem for people close by to where ever they may set up.

In my belief in order to survive, the DIVE needs to be as mobile as possible, visiting different locations for the day ever weekend. I could deal with a party next door for a day, most people I believe can... Having the party next door every weekend does get a bit old.

OR

The dive needs to find a location where they can conduct business everyday, no matter the weather. And once in a while venture out when conditions are right or they have a chartered engagement. This appears to be what they are attempting this year. How much they will venture out seems to be the real question... And it will be answered over the course of the summer.