View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 09:35 PM   #89
Woodsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackeer View Post
I concur with your comment 100%, raising the taxes on a market fluctuation and to the tune of 35+ percent is a pretty substantial increase. Is waterfront more valuable, well Woodsy Duh, but on the flip side I paid 210K about three years ago, the city claimed a 232K value, I let it slide and figured the process for abatement way to involved for the free time I have and I still feel that way today. No I won't fight the increase, I'll do what I'm sure others will do and consider my options and perhaps sell, we get nothing, let me be clear nothing from the city of laconia, nothing changed except they increased my property taxes and will still give me nothing.
Here here to succession, would sure make me happy, the Town of Weirs, nice.
Let's see if the city adjust accordingly when and if the market tanks, to the tune of 40 Percent.........
Well, you do get services from the city.... you get fire/police/ambulance. Hilliard Rd gets plowed by the city as well. Is it worth what you pay in taxes? not by a long shot. But that is just the way it is. I get very little from the city for my $2800 too. When the market tanks, the city will adjust to the devaluation... the tax rate will rise but the property value will drop.

If you choose not to apply for a tax abatement, well that's on you. The process is in place for just such an occurrence. If you choose to sell ( I hope it doesn't come to that) I hope you get more than the current assessed value.

Woodsy