View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 03:43 PM   #14
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
What ever left that in my driveway doesn't eat from a can! There's more than just dogs in the woods. I left the dog walkers alone.
This is the thing.... people are always quick to blame dogs..... but lets see, when in the northern woods I hear all kinds of animals, and if there wild, they don't worry about where they are do they....

Now on the flip side, it seems that more and more poeple and communities are getting up tight about people having to have "doggie bags" and picking up after there dogs... come on people, it nature at its finest. While I will admit, that letting your dog poop in you neighbors yard or in a public park is not cool.... If you are in the woods hiking or communing with nature, having to worry about a poop or two should not be a big deal unless it is in the middle of the trail....

Now as for being out on the water, this is always a delemia, fortunately one I have never had to face, sure I brought my dogs out on the water a lot. But a walk before we left and a walk after we got back was all it took..... I have never been in the position of a day boater having to rely on places around the dock to let Fido go.... In short much like the rest areas along the highway it would be nice to see the towns start to create dog walk area's close to town docks, if some have not already done so......