View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 05:12 PM   #38
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

So here is the thing, it when your looking for a moose that you are never going to see one at least that is my opinion. I have seen them twice in my life.... oops nope make that three times....

encounter one.... I saw a calf one day driving down the road there was a little mud hole off to the side, with all kinds of good eating stuff growing out off it, as I drove by I notice a rather large creature that I didn't recognize at first. So I pulled over grabbed my camera and went back for a look see. There was the little moose in all his glory munching away... never saw momma but I also wasn't going to get really investigative like and end up pissing her off, so after a few minutes, I decided momma was hidding, and I was going to get the heck out of there. Beleive it or not this was off of 104 in Meredith

encounter two --- I was traveling throught he notich in Vermont between Smuggs and Stowe with some drunk buddies one day... doing the DD thing. When traffic slowwed down... wondering what the hell was going one, we hymed and hawed, until we rounded the bend and saw mom and calf hoping over the guard rail and down the enbankment, out of sight....

encounter three --- well this was a holy %^$! momment, I was comming out of the white mountians right by Lost River when the dam big bull jumped out onto the road, I swerved with my heart pumping looking right at its chest, and appearently hit some part of it with my side view mirror as it folded in... skidded down the gravel and popped out on the pavement again.... Now I drive a 4X4 so If I was looking at its chest that gives you an indication of size. I used one of those nice little turn outs that night.... cought my breath.... checked my shorts.... then proceeded into McDonalds and grabbed a coke, which I don't think I drank, while I tried to stop shaking. It wasn't till the next morning I realized the side mirror was folded in....

The moose are out there, and they are there when you least expect them, and sometimes when you really don't want to see them......