View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 09:59 PM   #19
trfour

Default Oh, And Yes...

Some friends and I were returning to Paugus Bay after a day ride up to the summit of Mount Shaw. We always included as a part of our days journey to enjoy the sunset. It was after dark when we exited the Lake from Gilford shore and rode over to Patrick's for dinner, then on down the trail along Rte 11 to cross Lily Pond and pick up the power lines back to camp.
Now after dark, if there happens to be any moose around, they love to use these quiet times to utilize the snomobile trails as it's smooch easier for them to travel, as opposed to hoofing it out in the deep snow out in the woods, and also become more aware of whom has "The Right Of Way"!, so to speak.
Not my intention to/or, the Biggest Moose that I ever saw, but he was right there on the power lines in front of us! He got his right of way, seemed to take us forever to get to the camp that night, Oh yes and we did!

Terry

Best Writers Of Our Time. Pepper, Jane Austen.

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote