View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 10:28 AM   #61
Susie Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
I agree. I am so sick and tired of this attitude. We pay a LOT in property taxes-a lot more than these people who say they come and boat and buy gas and groceries and beer so spend money in the state. This argument that the state owns the lake although true, is getting old. For those taxes we pay, we deserve peace and quiet and should be able to be outside to enjoy it. Again, I wonder how these boaters would like it if 50 cars had a big loud party on their sidewalk in front of their house. And please don't say we are entitled. A few boats with people enjoying a swim is fine, but when they are inconsiderate it is just plain disgusting. This feud between property owners and boaters is scary. I know I will be attacked for this but I had to say it.
I’m just going to say one more thing and then that’s it.
Many people save year after year with the goal of living on the lake. Although there may be some people who would be classified as rich, most people that I know have sacrificed greatly for the right to live there.

Everyone on this forum seems to own multiple boats and jet skis and other things for having fun. Some of you seem to be going out to eat on a regular basis instead of just going out to celebrate something.
People who live at the lake are seen as somehow entitled. Others think that they could never own a property on the lake so they have no problem justifying dropping anchor in front of somebody else’s home.
My sister and her husband, who are permanent residents and will be retiring this year, have lived on the lake since the 1980s. My sister was in restaurant management and my brother-in-law has his own small one-man construction company. They worked their butts off for a goal that was very important to them.
They were just average working class people who set aside their immediate wants for things that were truly important to them.
We were brought up to work for what we want and not to take what someone else has.

Go ahead and attack me.
Susie Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote