View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 10:30 AM   #50
sa meredith

Default agree

Woodsy...I certainly do agree with you about the Weir's needing a complete make over. It's too bad the fire this past winter didn't spread and burn the whole strip to the ground.
Other than the bowling alley being gone, I believe the strip looks the exact same as when my parents brought us there in the 70's. Old, run down, time has past it by.
If not for Gringos, and maybe LP, I would imagine I would never dock there, to spend some money.
I mean, how many slices of pizza does one need? And how many video games or ski ball does one need to play.
Just look at the waterfront in Meredith. Why can't the Weir's be as nice.
Totally agree about open air bars/restaurant/live music.
The name escapes me, but the outdoor beach bar in Meredith, near the now closed Christmas Store...how great is that place? What a fantastic spot to hang out, grab a frozen drink and some lunch...bacon wrapped hot dog, holy cow!
The bar and grill at the very end of the pier is sort of the right concept...but somehow misses the mark. It would seem so much more could be done with that spot.
And the plane crashing into the volcano? Had enough of that.
Do they still blast that cannon every so often? That can scare the crap out of you, if you don't know it is coming.
Anyway...