View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 03:51 PM   #16
jmen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by gf2020 View Post
Last time I checked Gunstock was north of Sunapee. Sunapee has about 400 feet more elevation than Gunstock, however.

I will be at Gunstock on Saturday the 6th with our Boy Scout troop.
We get way more snow over here than at Gunstock. I grew up 15 minutes south of Gunstock (my parents still live there) and I am looking at Sunapee through my office window, about 15 minute drive from here.

Last weeks storms, New London received a little over 12" on Wednesday and Thursday's rainy day turned into another 5" of snow at home and in New London. Saturday morning left another 4" on the ground in Andover, NH just to the east of Sunapee and New London. I have about 14" of snow on the ground at my house in Andover as of this morning when I had to brush another half inch or so off the truck before leaving for work.

We do seem to be losing it as fast as we get it though, but it is trying in some spots. The snowmobiles were going all weekend at the end of the road where the trail crosses.

My father in law drove up from the Maine coast on Saturday and didn't bring boots because there was no snow at his house, boy was he suprised when he pulled in the driveway.

Last edited by jmen24; 03-03-2010 at 09:01 AM.
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote