View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 07:05 AM   #17
Susie Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Every summer weekend...

But for real, I agree more with Woodsy than the person above who said he gets mad if one person anchors in front of his place.

The water is owned by everyone and homeowners need to accept that when buying—especially those who buy in front of a sandbar or other popular place.

That being said, there's a balance to be had both ways in terms of respect.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
I remember back in the 1960s when no one knew about that Sandbar in Braun Bay. It seems to me that people just found it by accident and started going there as people were looking for a place to anchor that was not in front of someone else’s house. It started out with just a handful of boats and I don’t think anyone could have anticipated that it would get so huge.
At some point, was this designated as a public sandbar? I don’t remember anything ever being said about it.

I’m sure that at least some of the homes that have to put up with this congestion have been there long before this became a destination.
I certainly agree that anyone purchasing a home on the lake now needs to do their due diligence. But many of those homeowners have been there for a long time.