Thread: The Dive
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2021, 08:57 PM   #135
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
I disagree. Yes it probably was too expensive but they have adjusted their plan and have been very busy this season with less overhead. Instead of building an expensive addition to a public dock that they only had a 3 year lease on they now just rent a mooring slip on Paugus. FYI the investment probably would have worked if they received the original 10 year lease they were seeking.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Thanks--I agree that a business that was viable on a dock could still decide on a mooring to lower overhead.

But LDS reported that it was The Dive that changed it's goal from 10 years and dock construction to 3 years of free rent. So I am not sold on the idea that they would have been viable at the dock. From LDS:

The Dive — a two-story establishment constructed on a self-propelled barge — initially sought a 10-year lease, but after further discussions with the city reduced the term to three years during which time it would pay no rent. However, under the terms of the lease the Dive was required to build a 1,376-foot expansion of the Weirs Docks at its expense and obtain any state permits necessary for the construction.
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote