View Single Post
Old 08-18-2020, 09:15 AM   #125
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
If I were spending the money you are, I would not want a road in between my place and the water—in fact, that seems like it would be in the top five things I wouldn't want.

I know it's not nearly on the same level as what you're looking at, but we didn't buy at Squam Lakes Resort for that very reason.

Also, I have no idea if it applies, but just a note to maybe read the thread about Alton Bay eminent domain from a few weeks ago, where it sounds like a group of homes are in danger of losing ownership of the land across the road. A similar thing happened to my aunt who had a cottage for 25 years on Newfound. The beach across the road they thought was private was turned public. I don't know the legal issues involved—if it never really was deeded private, eminent domain, etc.—but it would be essential to confirm that it absolutely, positively never has a chance to go that direction. Here it is: https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...ad.php?t=25949

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
If it didn’t have a road through it, it would have been $3m. Tons of homes on Newfound lake are like that. It’s a glacier lake. Original roads are very close to the water in a lot of parts.

I’d love to have 360 views of mountains, sunrise, sunset, 5 acres, brand new home and low taxes, private, no dust and neighbors that don’t rent, easy to drive to and near stuff. Oh and zero light pollution would be nice too. Bonus would be a boathouse. There are a few of those out there. Problem is they are $10m+
mswlogo is offline   Reply With Quote