View Single Post
Old 08-18-2020, 03:41 AM   #119
ApS

Question Back to Newfound Lake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
We found another place. 180 degrees different than Squam My wife really wanted to be back on NewFound lake. It’s almost 2 acres ~300 ft of water frontage (Sandy, gradual and crystal clear) 3 moorings 1 dock room for two boats Huge house built in 2000 3 cottages (1 year round with full foundation) and all updated in 2000-ish All well maintained. It does not get a mountain Sunset but will get sun on the beach until about 30 minutes before Sunset I think through mid September. That’s a lot more than we had before. Should get a nice sun rise. Taxes are bit high All 4 have been being rented for a few years bringing in $58k/year Only catch is Road is between cottages/house and water front. Even though it was well maintained there is tons of room for improvements. Landscaping and painting. Cottages are on their own state approved septic and the house is on its own state approved septic. Both on public water. Septic capacity is 4000 gal/day (squam was 125)
Property investment-wise, we've done well. We bought here for long-held sentimental reasons (Melvin grandparents), and wouldn't think of selling--or trying to make a business out of it. Each to his own...

Rentals aren't the panacea to paying, what?, $35,000 in property taxes. Deductions aren't what they were in 2015.

Considering the roadway, is it a quiet dead-end road? Dirt roads can be dusty--a consideration if you're downwind from the prevailing breeze. Ask around. My last realtor was a serious fisherman, and got the prevailing winds question correct. Construction can tear up a roadway for three years for each built "mansion".

Sunrises here are commendable, if you're up to see them!
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote