View Single Post
Old 11-29-2019, 09:09 AM   #19
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ View Post
You are correct with many of your statements, but I must add those million dollar sales you speak about are all second homes. Neither add to the employees or employers pool for the area.
Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
I will respectfully disagree. I know many people in the Lakes Region in homes worth well over a million dollars who live in their house full time. And right behind them, many people have a million dollar plus home in the area that is their primary residence although they may have a second home somewhere else.

They hire cleaning people, landscapers, snow removal and home improvement people for work around their house. They eat at local restaurants and shop at local stores. The people that have boats have them serviced at local marinas and buy their gas on the lake. And because their income is most likely on the high end of the scale they spend more money than the average person.

All of these things require local people and local businesses for support of their needs. That pumps money into the local and state economy and helps every one of us. And, the vast majority of those people use little or no town services. It is a substantial win for the local economy.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post: