View Single Post
Old 09-24-2019, 10:01 AM   #39
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB1 View Post
Sorry xcr but I’ll differ on opinion. Been on that lake over 50 years and what we see now is unthought of back 20 years ago. Not saying it will be rampant but it would happen for sure. Wasn’t singling our day trippers just used that for example.
Ok by me, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, and I have mine and they differ. No worries here.

As for what we see now (a changed lake from 20+ years ago), I agree! I think were we part company is what we see and why.

What I see is a lake full of "new boaters" that dont follow any rules, and boaters of any vintage that are rude, obnoxious, and grossly unsafe, and I believe most of them own homes on the lake or keep their boats in a marina on the lake. I constantly see them taking off from their docks or marinas like wannabe NASCAR drivers, with boats full of people, not adhering to the most basic safety standards.

At this point I will no longer boat on Winnipesaukee on Saturdays, and even Sundays are becoming a problem.

Rarely do I see anyone with large boats (that you might be capable of sleeping on, or people interested in doing so) launching from trailers. Its just too hard to trailer the size boats we see on Winnipesaukee and there are just too few places to launch from and park a truck and trailer and do so for a price a working family can afford on a regular basis. As for trailer boaters, I mostly see families trailering their modest size boats and then taking them home at the end of the day. Not dudes looking to party hard and find a place to drop anchor when they are on the verge of passing out.

You may be seeing something different.

Clearly the lake has evolved, some of it not to my liking, but it is still a place that I cherish.

And I recognize people have different preferences;

I thoroughly enjoy a whiff of 2-cycle oil from an old outboard staring up first thing in the morning and the sound of a thru-hull exhaust on an old jet boat, but I have no use to hear anyone's music blasting across the lake.

You may have a very different set of likes and dislikes, and that ok, so long as we both respect each others reasonable boundaries.

What I worry about is restrictive rules/laws based on fear mongering and/or the few instances of serious problems. I mostly shrug off the obnoxious idiots, I guess I assume they will eventually move on to the next thing that allows them to show off.

But I dont live there every day, so again, you may be seeing something different and more of it.

ATB
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XCR-700 For This Useful Post: