View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 08:23 PM   #97
fatlazyless

Say hey ..... I saw an air boat slowly going along the west side of Mark Island, on top of the ice, this evening at about 5:30 from a distance of about a mile away.

Was outside raking leaves, and heard the very loud, exhaust sound of a V8-engine with no muffler that goes with an airboat, so's I stopped raking to take a better look with the binoculars. It had some bright yellow panels in the area of the cage that encloses the front area of the large propeller in the stern of the vessel.

Thought ...... 'oh well' ...... and went back to raking the wet leaves .... gotta rake these old leaves!

On August 24, 2006, the Charlestown NH fire rescue inadvertently drowned 64-year old Virginia Cunningham, from Vermont, while transporting her on the Connecticut River in a flat bottom, air boat. Her injury requiring her to be transported was only an ankle injury, and she was drowned dead while secured in a stokes litter, in the bow of the rescue boat.

So's, how's about that ...... talk about a major boo-boo ...... whoopsie-doopsie ....... so sorry!

Whenever I hear the very loud exhaust of an air boat, I recall that 2006 drowning incident and think to myself, dang, that was not a happy ending for a rescue.

Last edited by fatlazyless; 03-31-2018 at 07:34 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote