View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 11:01 AM   #17
tummyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Bass View Post
Sidewalks should cost around $10/sqft, that's graded, compacted, placed and poured. A little extra for the ADA mats at the ramps. Granite curbing should be around $45/LF that's the curbing furnished, trenched out, and backed in place with concrete. How much sidewalk and curbing are we talking about downtown? Seems high. Those numbers I gave are probably high even if the project falls under the Davis Bacon wage act.
Interesting data and why I have had a problem all along with the numbers. At 3000 lineal feet long X 6 feet wide = 18,000 sq. ft X $10 = $180,000. Town Administrator says curbing cost is approx. $70,000. So that amounts to $250,000. While that does not include land taking, a smaller sidewalk would result in less land acquisition. That sure is one heck of a long way from $670,000 PLUS the tractor/snow blower. And all of that is for a 6 foot sidewalk that I believe is excessive in width. We should not be creating a promenade.....!! This project is totally unreasonable and out of control.
tummyman is offline   Reply With Quote