View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 08:34 AM   #14
Yosemite Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
Sure, Yosemite...here's the deal. I have a 2005 Dodge truck that I use mostly for plowing that I bought at Lakeside Dodge....since they are OOB, Autoserv is the only dealer around for warranty work. I blew a transmission line in Conway and got the truck to them for an estimate. They quoted me $5,000. Needed transmission and fuel lines, brakes, calipers, some hoses all due to corrosion....which they said was not covered under warranty.....although, two years ago, Lakeside replaced my fuel injectors under warranty that were corroded. Made me a little suspisious so I took it home......they charged me $215 for the estimate. I was pretty surprised and told the service coordinator that it was the first time I'd ever been charged for an estimate......his reply: "Hey,we get paid by the hour"
Long story short, I went up to Lakes Jeep Eagle on rt 106 and saw Dick, the service manager. He used to do my work at Lakeside, but they lost their franchise and can no longer do warranty work. But, since it wasn't warranteed anyway, I thought I'd check it out..........their price was $2400 for the SAME work.
Something about Autoserv made me wary and now I see why. I inquired on the forum because over the years I've come to respect the opinions here. I know you have to sort through people with an agenda, either pro or con, but generally the replies are intelligent and thoughtful.

Thank You for your reply!

Now I see the reason you asked the question about them. It's to bad that some auto repair business people are so greedy and dishonest.

Last edited by Yosemite Sam; 10-08-2009 at 09:17 AM.
Yosemite Sam is offline   Reply With Quote