View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 11:18 AM   #9
chipj29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argie's Wife View Post
We haven't been happy with the experience we've had with them. Hubby bought a small Jeep from them for commuting. When he came in for an inspection, which is free when you've purchased a vehicle from them, he was told the tires would not pass and was given an estimate for one set of tires - no choices to pick from.

The estimate he was given was well over what we could afford. The service manager had an attitude that said "I don't have time for this." Perhaps he was having a bad day but we felt we had to go elsewhere to get tires we could afford at the time. Hubby did ask for more choices and was not given but the one.

When hubby returned to show the new tires to the Service Dept. so that he could pass inspection and get his sticker, they charged him for the inspection and stated it was because he took his Jeep elsewhere for tires and did NOT but the one set he was offered. He disputed the charge and it was finally waived but not without some hassle. He told them their cost for tires was high. (Incidentally, he priced the tires they offered him with TireWarehouse and found them to be cheaper by $30 a piece. If you could save $120 on tires, what would you do?)

In an economy where things are tough and people are likely to put of unnecessary expense and shop around more, I would think that a dealership such as AutoServ would work with customers to get their business. We've been disappointed by their service and feel they are not in touch with the average young family.
Wow, that is amazing to me. So to save themselves $120 they lost your future business, which I am sure would be more than $120. I am amazed that business people (I use that term loosely in this case) feel that this is a good business practice.