Thread: Lyons Den
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 12:32 PM   #68
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
"As I posted on another thread, The island residents are upset about the new regulations. They have been parking in the three hour zone to spite the town residents."

Do you know this for a fact because I certainly do not see this happening. To the contrary, I see most island residents leaving those spaces open whenever possible. Sometimes there is no choice if all the island docks are full. But I have yet to meet any island person that spiteful.

Dan
This was on July 6 around late afternoon. Two boats with Gilford stickers on it were on the 3 hour side. I am not going to go into details as what the boats look like. One of the boats had people in the boat sitting around. I ask them why they are not docking at the Gilford residents side. As there are people waiting to dock here. They didn't answer. I ask them if they were 'spiting' the town because of the new rules and a man says, 'Maybe'. I spoke to the officer on duty and he says there is nothing he can do. They is no rules that they can't dock there. I have another town resident that was trying to pull his boat out as a witness. Hopefully the officer can remember this situation and explain it to you.

Last edited by BroadHopper; 07-26-2009 at 12:33 PM. Reason: spelling. content.
BroadHopper is offline   Reply With Quote