View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 04:37 PM   #22
JEEPONLY
Deceased Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Bear View Post
We have enjoyed many memorable experiences since buying our place on East Bear Island in 1967 [before we bought our first house].

One summer, we had twenty people and five dogs visiting at the same time as they all wanted to be there together. Fortunately, we had installed a new state-of-the-art septic system a few years before.

Of special note, our oldest grandniece produced movies, as a school project, while there using our family and guests as cast members. Our biggest production was "Gilligan's Island". Of course, I was the Captain. Our Scottish terriers appeared in roasting pots. Vacationers aboard the Sophie C were treated to a noisy greeting from the shore castaways' encampment as they passed by.

We are still waiting for our Oscar statuettes to be delivered. 🎭 🐻
Great story!
I hope you get the chocolate/gold covered statuette(s)! It sounds like you expect to win in more than one category!

What was the year your grandniece filmed her movie? Was she a high school student (I'm thinking what type of medium)? Even very young students, today, can do amazing things with video!
JEEPONLY is offline   Reply With Quote