View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 12:09 PM   #20
tis

Thanked 1,380 Times in 956 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemlock View Post
These lots were sold by an outfit called Island Sales Corporation. The bulk of the lots on this non Idlewild side of Cow were sold by them. My grandfathers lot was one of two sold on Oct 14 1965. The other one was sold to the TV repair man who told my grandfather about the Island. To my knowledge they were the first.

There may have been other lots on that side of Cow owned or sold by others but that is what I know.
The plan of the lots is located in the Carroll County Registry of deeds as Plan book 7 Page 68.
I am interested because a friend of the family supposedly bought the first lot on the Barber Pole side which you are talking about. He went out a few times in his little boat and camped out but then he was killed in an auto accident so he didn't own it very long. Other friends of ours had the little brown camp opposite Cow on Tuftonboro Neck and he put his little boat in there so he didn't have very far to go. I am pretty vague because I was so young. I just would love to piece it all together sometime. I don't know if this was before or during the Island Sales Corp. that you mentioned. I think his name was Barker.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote