View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 10:06 AM   #43
Taz

Default other DIVES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
Boaters all over the country love to congregate on sandbars. We never hear of significant problems. There will always be folks who begrudge others enjoying themselves. In the mean time, are there other Dives out there? Think of the Dive down south, operating year round. Another FITN for NH when there is a Dive franchise and our NH entrepreneurs own 200 Dives. I think converting one of those 80 foot houseboats would be a quick way to expand.
Check out the WILLY T in BVI. Its a pirate looking sailing vessel that serves drinks in a bay off one of the islands. It used to be Norman Is. I don't remember if they had food. The original burned or sunk and a new one was built. The first time I went you could jump off the top deck into the water naked and females only would get a free T-shirt. That stopped for awhile after some one was injured. The second time I went back a couple people jumped off the top deck naked but no T-shirts are given out anymore. I don't know if there are any other DIVE like barges in the US. I would be surprised if there wasn't at least one other somewhere.