View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 08:06 AM   #17
ApS

Arrow And Now, Tohatsu...

I see that Lehr is now making 25-HP models. They're Japanese-made, so I'd question those low-quality ratings.

Tohatsu, also Japanese-made, has joined the propane outboard business:

Lighthouse Marine Service, Moutonborough, carries Tohatsu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad sold the C * C View Post
Have you read any reviews on the Lehr outboards. Apparently they have a good idea and lousy quality control
I am seeing the negative reviews at Google; however, one site says that all the ratings at Amazon and elsewhere were good.

I went to the worst Amazon Lehr review (3-Stars), and found this:
Quote:
What I don't like....[Lehr] does feel somewhat cheaply made, the cowl on mine doesn't really line up perfectly and the latches are a little tweaked when latched. It does need to warm up. It was a little temperamental before I adjusted the mixture for a mile above sea level.

What I like... When I'm done I let it cool off and lay it on it's side in a big duffel bag, no fuel draining no exhaust smell, and we can then lay it in the back of our SUV. After the break in period it has started on the first pull every time, sometimes during the break in it would take 2-3 pulls before it would start, but it always started. It's quiet, lightweight and runs clean. The propane camp cylinders don't spill, and can be stored a long time.

For what I need it for it works great!
Since I've already spent 1/3 of the new Lehr outboard price repairing my formerly-bulletproof Evinrude outboard at a local (and highly recommended) outboard repair shop, I'll jump into propane (I mean the outboard ) next season.

If asked for my hugely negative review of that "Wal-Mart side" shop, I'll give it, but not mention it by name. I'm done with ethanol problems anyway.

Here's where I first stopped in my Lehr propane outboard inquiry—but careful—this "thoughtco" website can draw you in!

https://www.thoughtco.com/lehr-propa...review-2915368

Wanna know what time it is?