View Single Post
Old 07-20-2022, 08:17 AM   #18
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakegeezer View Post
Since this is a "boom" note, I'll take it off on a tangent. Climate change is a relevant issue for the lakes region and there is plenty that can and is being done, beyond carbon release. For example, the Loon Preservation Committee grows the loon population in the area using floating nests with sunshades. Climate change is pushing the population north to Canada, eh, and our loon population is much greater here because of LPC. About half the loons hatches are on artificial nests. Another aspect is water quality. Climate change related earlier ice melts and more frequent high-volume rain events are accelerating aging of the lakes. Many groups are involved in slowing the aging through analysis, conservation and regulations. In this forum, it isn't relevant to talk about how the rest of the world is coping with climate change but is a perfect place to discuss local impact and actions.
Yup I totally get it, life is so much better when you wear blinders and control the conversation, no need to worry about anyone but yourself. And so long as the other regions problems dont spill across your border, why work yourself into a frenzy about anyone else. The countries problems and successes are not relevant to you, and even if they are, you dont care you like you way of doing things. Its a simpler life for sure. It says a lot about who you are and people will know to not engage with you on big picture matters when you set rules to wall yourself off, even if what they are discussing offers insight into a better way for you AND everyone else.

So a discussion about how a citizen outside the lakes region saved lives by having a pistol, and being brave enough to risk their life to stop some deranged madman from killing others could never be informative or have bearing on you and the people of NH. Well I hope that all works as well as you plan.

But again the rules are the rules and I will do my best to follow them, and when I see conversations straying from a lakes region focus, I will try to remind our fellow posters to STOP the conversation and NEVER discuss such matters because:

It isn't in the Lakes Region.
It isn't in the State...
And it isn't even in New England.

The issue is non-matter for us.

Yup got it! Many Thanks for the insight.