View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 11:36 AM   #32
Top-Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenGilford View Post
As an outsider transplant to the area, I'm fully in support of revitalizing, regeneration and cultural improvement of downtown Laconia. It has the potential to be a very pretty, prosperous 'walking city' and it would be great to have a wider selection of bars and restaurants downtown.
I tend to agree with you, but am suspicious when it comes to using tax dollars for stuff like this, when for the most part IMHO Laconia has not done the right things in past.

I don't have the answers either, and should not criticize. It just seems that with all the natural resources the area has, mainly the four big lakes and other things. That Laconia should be in a much better position already.

I know in my small town we are facing some of the same problems, but the leaders of the town are for now just taking baby steps. Knowing full well that the taxpayers are already strapped. And know without a doubt that they want to see a steady return on there monies (to possibly reinvest) and do not want to see anything thrown into a black hole without a return "just" because it will look nice.

IMHO is not just moving a few roads and side walks, but a change perhaps in the culture of the leadership so people have faith in taking on something like this.
Top-Water is offline   Reply With Quote