Thread: Meredith Ramp
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2020, 04:09 PM   #11
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud63 View Post
I have a double axle and the rear axle was off the concrete but it was no biggie to pull it out with my GLS 450
There is the key, you where able to keep one axle on the pad.... There are a few ramps that just end out in deep water like that on winnipesaukee. Unfortunately they cause a major issue if you have single axle trailer. Coming from the west coast I am very familiar with this issue. Once a single axle goes over the edge, it then rests on the trailer frame on the edge of the ramp.... Friction is a bitch with the boat then loaded.

A few of the places I boated out west in drought years, you actually stopped using the ramp, and a section of the beach on the lakes or rivers would be opened up to facilitate launching and retrieving of boats.

The best solution to this situation can be seen at Winnisquam Marine, where they attached metal plates to the end of the ramp, so that they can back further in, during low water periods... although they have limitations as well.

last I knew Melvin Village Marina, was going to install a similar solution to their ramp, because they where having continuing problems with low water and their ramp.