View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 08:02 AM   #41
ishoot308

Thanked 4,941 Times in 1,917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second View Post

I elected to write the Governor instead, and referred to this bill as the Trojan Horse it is.

Mentioned, was that this bill will bring every boater with "Switchable Exhaust" out in the open, and "invite" visitors—with bad boating reputations—from neighboring states .

There was no reply for weeks and weeks. Somebody in his office later replied, "The bill has been signed".

These past few days, "Switchable Exhausts" have been switched on-and-off-and-on-again—rattling windows and dishes.

Credit SBONH with sneaking this through to completion: SBONH definitely "got back" at WinnFABS' family boaters.

"Quiet and Quieter" is a joke—a joke at the expense of peaceable family boaters. Peaceable boaters, of whom New Hampshire law mandatesto always carry on board—a whistle).
\

You have no clue what you are talking about as switchable exhausts can only do one thing...make a boat quieter. They can only be used when docking or coming into or out of port. They cannot, repeat CANNOT be switched at any speed above headway speed without engine damage. They cannot be turned on and off at cruising speed as you are trying to allude to. Your claims are completely false and without merit.

I have already seen the benefits of this exhaust while sitting at the Glendale Town docks last weekend. Boats which were normally legally loud while warming up were able to switch to quiet mode. There was a huge difference in sound levels. All docks, coves and no wake areas on Winnipesaukee have already started to see the benefit of this bill and will continue as more and more "Captains Call" exhaust are installed.

I applaud SBONH for getting this bill passed!!

Dan

Last edited by ishoot308; 06-20-2011 at 02:13 PM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ishoot308 For This Useful Post: