Thread: Cow Island
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 02:17 PM   #10
MikeF-NH

you may also be able to rent a mooring from Long Island Bridge campground rather than a slip. If I had the money and one was available, 19 Mile Bay probably offers the best island to shore access for Cow unless Harillas has slips (which I do not think they do). If you consider Gilford not a far ride then consider Shep Browns on Merideth Neck which is closer than Gilford. Another option that is not much worse than Alton Bay is West Alton Marina. I make that cross in my 16 footer (conditions permitting) in about 15 minutes. Anytime you have to cross the Broads to get somewhere, you have to consider the weather. Winds over 15 mph SHOULD give you pause on that lake. For these reasons, I would look at slips at Melvin or 19 Mile or a mooring at Long Island Bridge campground as first options. The north end of the lake in the Moultonboro Bay area is going to be a significantly longer ride for you than Alton any way you cut it BUT it will pay off in the long run as you are in what I consider the nicest part of the lake.
MikeF-NH is offline   Reply With Quote