View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019, 06:54 AM   #10
rsmlp

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
While there are five states with no sales tax; Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, Oregon ..... there's only one state with both no sales and no income tax ...... the NH Advantage! ...... so, go put that tax factoid into your pipe and smoke it?

And in Alaska, individual cities have the option to impose a 2% sales tax, like Wasilla and Sarah Palin with its Walmart and Home Depot and built a 10-mil swim pool, ice rink, and gym, or something. (not checked for accuracy?)

Getting back to Governor's island ...... a lot of those mega million dollar homes on the north or outer side, that face me, seem to have the incurable defect of both facing north and being situated down the bottom of their shoreline slope. They is at the bottom of the hillside, which translates to being in the shade from about 4-pm on, in the summer, and maybe from 3:30 on. They can keep it.
NH has a 5% dividend tax and when lived here that whacked me much more so than Florida's 6% sales tax. Moreover, NH has a 9% tax on room and dining out plus a crazy expensive registration tax for cars. As I understand it NH is also raising revenue in other "creative" ways.

Correct me where I'm wrong.
rsmlp is offline   Reply With Quote