View Single Post
Old 11-30-2021, 10:57 PM   #19
John Mercier

I don't see that playing as much a role as the staffing issues.
Even if you have been vaccinated, having to isolate for ten days leaves your teammates short staffed and under a great deal of pressure.
They burn out more quickly, and then really bad things happen.

It adds to wage inflation, and Medicare/Medicaid tend to have some restrictive reimbursement structures for hospitals as is.

I don't know how much of that they will be able to transfer onto the private insurance sector, nor how much property taxpayers will be willing to endure to cover the insurance of their employees. I know the unions are strong, but something will have to give.

But the Stay against the CMS contract regulation doesn't prevent the local hospitals acting on their own.

This list is supposedly up-to-date as of November 29th... https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...ersjune17.html

I don't think that will prevent staff from becoming infected and have to isolate - major cause of the increase staffing shortage - but it should give those entertaining elective medical procedures that want vaccinated staff some comfort that they can seek out those venues.