View Single Post
Old 10-31-2021, 09:40 AM   #81
winterh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
Great point--no one except the inventor of a particular cryptocurrency has any idea how much of that currency will be created and when. The buyers are simply hoping the supply will be optimal. A sucker's game for all but a few
Actually, at least in the case of Bitcoin everyone knows exactly how much will be created. It is set in stone how much and when. I completely understand why many on this forum view it as some kind of a Ponzi scheme. The folks on here, myself included, tend to skew a bit older and more conservative. I was equally skeptical but have relatives who work in the industry and have been somewhat educated (I still don't completely get it and never will) and convinced of it's value and future. Invest in what allows you to sleep at night and never invest more than you can afford to lose but do not be so quick to dismiss a tech that you probably do not understand. It may not be Bitcoin but eventually paper money will be gone and currency will be digital just like everything else.
winterh is offline   Reply With Quote